A student presents poetry or prose selection for children.
- Students have a 10 minute (30 second grace period)
- An introduction is memorized and not lasting more than 60 seconds.
- The student has chosen appropriate to children between the ages of kindergarten and six grade. The introduction should state the age group and the presentation should appeal to that group.
- A text is required and therefore limits movement so the voice and facial reactions should be used in judging the presentation. NO props or costumes.
- The student should maintain a balance of eye contact between the script and the audience.
Thanks to everyone for a great 2020-2021 tournament season! We did a great job meeting the challenge of conducting tournaments online. Congratulations to those who qualified for the Metro Championship, and we look forward to seeing all of you (virtually) at the Championship tournament and at Nationals.