A student presents poetry or prose selection for children.
- Students have a 10 minute (30 second grace period)
- An introduction is memorized and not lasting more than 60 seconds.
- The student has chosen appropriate to children between the ages of kindergarten and six grade. The introduction should state the age group and the presentation should appeal to that group.
- A text is required and therefore limits movement so the voice and facial reactions should be used in judging the presentation. NO props or costumes.
- The student should maintain a balance of eye contact between the script and the audience.