A student performs a portion of a published play or work of literature.
- Students have 10 minutes (30 second grace period)
- An introduction is memorized and not lasting more than 60 seconds. (Students may choose to begin their presentation then interject the introduction. This is known as a teaser.) It MUST be made obvious when the teaser stops and the introduction begins!
- The student shall have selected a scene (or scenes) from a published play and have it memorized. There may be multiple The performance is judged on character distinction, and development of the scene to a climax.
- Changes from character to character within the presentation should be clean and crisp.
- Singing is restricted to 30 seconds or less.
Thanks to everyone for a great 2020-2021 tournament season! We did a great job meeting the challenge of conducting tournaments online. Congratulations to those who qualified for the Metro Championship, and we look forward to seeing all of you (virtually) at the Championship tournament and at Nationals.