A student performs a portion of a published play or work of literature.
- Students have 10 minutes (30 second grace period)
- An introduction is memorized and not lasting more than 60 seconds. (Students may choose to begin their presentation then interject the introduction. This is known as a teaser.) It MUST be made obvious when the teaser stops and the introduction begins!
- The student shall have selected a scene (or scenes) from a published play and have it memorized. There may be multiple The performance is judged on character distinction, and development of the scene to a climax.
- Changes from character to character within the presentation should be clean and crisp.
- Singing is restricted to 30 seconds or less.