A student presents a speech which he/she has written on any topic.
- Students have a 10 minute (30 second grace period)
- Student has written and memorized (no scripts) a speech about any topic of their choice.
- The purpose of the speech may be to inspire, to persuade, to eulogize, or to inform. There can be an overlapping of these styles within the oration.
- The judge should not allow their personal bias to influence their decision.
- Critique both the speech (how it conveys the message) and the style of the speaker-use of voice tone, emotional tenor, change in voice, use of gestures, eye contact, etc.
Thanks to everyone for a great 2020-2021 tournament season! We did a great job meeting the challenge of conducting tournaments online. Congratulations to those who qualified for the Metro Championship, and we look forward to seeing all of you (virtually) at the Championship tournament and at Nationals.