A student presents a speech which he/she has written on any topic.
- Students have a 10 minute (30 second grace period)
- Student has written and memorized (no scripts) a speech about any topic of their choice.
- The purpose of the speech may be to inspire, to persuade, to eulogize, or to inform. There can be an overlapping of these styles within the oration.
- The judge should not allow their personal bias to influence their decision.
- Critique both the speech (how it conveys the message) and the style of the speaker-use of voice tone, emotional tenor, change in voice, use of gestures, eye contact, etc.
Welcome to the 2022-2023 tournament season! We’re looking forward to an awesome competition season, albeit online. We plan to conduct all debate and limited prep events in person! Good luck to everyone as we prepare for amazing competitions!